Wednesday, October 21, 2015

No Carve Pumpkin with Cross Stitched Burlap


My love of cross stitching has met its soulmate - burlap.  This was my first project cross stitching on burlap and I guarantee you it will not be my last.  With a few simple touches, this no-carve pumpkin is the perfect classy Halloween touch.



You will also need...
Scissors
Black Embroidery Floss
Embroidery Needle
Hot Glue Gun
Hot Glue Stick


1.  Unravel the burlap ribbon and wrap around the middle of the pumpkin to measure length.  Then, snip snip!


2.  Time to cross stitch your ribbon.  Fold the ribbon in half hamburger-style, then hot dog-style {for those who didn't have a colorful elementary art teacher, that means by length and width} to mark your center starting place.  Then stitch away!

Note... I knew ahead of time that I was adding the clip-on bow and where, so I stitched my words slightly off center.

I used this font to guide my stitching.  Also, use the full 6 strands or 3 strands of embroidery floss for stitching on burlap.  6 strands will make the letters pop off the burlap.  3 strands will sit flat.

Don't want to cross stitch?  You can also use ink and stamps, stickers, or markers to write on your burlap.

3.  Clip on the bow.  I love this bow - it's too cute!


4.  Use hot glue to adhere the burlap to the pumpkin.  Remember to watch those fingers!  You want to keep your fingerprints - I promise you.


Let dry and ta-da!  A festive addition to your Halloween decorations.



6 comments:

  1. Ok. I'm finally giving in and buying burlap. You have managed to do in one post what year did Pinterest hasn't managed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thankfully you can buy it in a roll and don't have to mess with the actual fabric!

      Delete
  2. I know this web site offers quality depending articles or reviews and other information,
    is there any other site which offers such data in quality?

    my web-site: 안마

    ReplyDelete
  3. replica bags from korea his response x5r24p1h56 replica bags near me replica goyard bags replica gucci q4i75p0w02 replica bags in pakistan his explanation b1m35v8y31 replica bags from china replica bags new york

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips